The Annual Competition and Exhibition
These rules are to be read in conjunction with the Generic Competition Rules. Please note changes that come into effect from the 2020 Annual Competition onwards
1. Entries shall be available for the club's use in external competitions.
2. Entries which have gained certificated awards in this club's Annual Competition previously will not be eligible.
3. Entries must be titled on the entry or file name. Names or initials must not appear on the entry. Print entries must be delivered in suitable packaging bearing the entrant's name. Entrants must submit their entries online using the PhotoEntry software. Entrants are recommended to list their prints on PhotoEntry in their order of preference for inclusion in the exhibition.
4. Entries will be taken in the classes and sections as detailed in 'Description of Classes and Sections'. A member may enter up to a maximum of 10 projected images and up to 12 prints, with a maximum of 8 prints in any one section. The class, and where necessary the section, must be on the entry form.
5. Classes or sections of classes may be combined with other classes or withdrawn from the competition if there are less than three entrants.
6. Any question arising as to which class or section a member must enter, or any other matter relevant to the competition and exhibition, will be decided by the club committee and exhibition officials. If a member enters in a class which is obviously below their standard then the club committee and exhibition officials will have the power to reassign the entry to a more suitable class.
Conversely a member may approach the committee in writing to relinquish their status and enter a different class, where the member feels that this would be more appropriate to their present standard of photography.
7. All accepted entries will be judged in the competition. Space to exhibit prints is limited. The exhibition officials will endeavour to exhibit all award winning entries and a representation of all entrants. All prints will be framed by the officials.
Description of Classes and Sections